Traditional reference service is dead--- or dying. This blog will focus on new approaches toward providing library assistance to patrons... or whatever else I feel like rambling on about.

Monday, May 15, 2006

Republican Librarians Unite!

So somehow I give off the Republican vibe? Maybe I should try to get on Fox News or the Colbert Report? I’m flattered that my angsty ramblings are considered “required reading” but seriously, I am much more loyal to the Roman Republic than to George Bush’s vision of America.

1 Comments:

Blogger Angel, librarian and educator said...

I always look at it with a blend of amusement and trepidation when Republican segment of librarianship wants to claim persecution or that they are just not being heard. Considering that they hold control of the country ,and not exactly in a nice vision, somehow seems to lack, oh, I don't know, shall we say credibility? I could not care less about politics, but the routine does get old. As for leaving the politics out of solving the daily problems, I am not sure it is as easy as that since a lot of the problems are caused by the politics, or the unwillingness to engage them. Then again, what do I know? I am just the guy in the trenches who has to deal with the consequences of book challenges (usually from certain places on the Right side of the fence), funding cuts (again from certain side of the fence that apparently sees education and social good as less of priority), and a whole host of daily problems they could possibly never dream of up in their mansions. But, I am ranting now. Best, and keep on blogging.

11:03 AM

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home